Share Poll

Poll link

500 px
350 px
250 px
Preview

widget preview:

Width - px Height - px

Close preview
! You are using a non-supported browser Your browser version is not optimised for Toluna, we recommend that you install the latest version Upgrade
Our Privacy Notice governs your membership of our Influencer Panel, which you can access here. Our website uses cookies. Like in the offline world, cookies make things better. To learn more about the cookies we use, check out our Cookies policy.

Throughout last week so full of love, initiatives and topics, we asked you, our Influencers, to respond to our Valentine's Day survey. As usual, you did not disappoint us and we received a lot of votes, so now we bring you the final verdict!

2,233 people from different countries, including the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Brazil and Australia were surveyed. Here are the results:

Who says dating applications are useless? 10% of couples met through technology, although it must be said that this is one of the most popular methods among the younger generations. However, we mustn’t ignore tradition, as most people surveyed met their partners through family and friends and, a lower percentage, in bars, clubs or discos...

People in a relationship feel more love in their lives than single people, but is love necessarily something you find in a romantic relationship? For Italians and Spaniards, yes: 4 out of 5 people feel more loved when they are in a relationship, while the French do not think so. Only 3 out of 5 say they feel valued enough in a relationship... even though the "French kiss" can lift anyone's spirits!

Among the most romantic countries, Italy takes the prize: 7 out of 10 couples celebrate Valentine's Day. Australians, on the other hand, do not seem to be very interested in this festivity: only 4 out of 10 couples celebrate it.

For young people, 50% take the opportunity to show their love on this day, while among more established couples, the number rises to 70%. It may be because love does not die over time...

People who have been in a relationship for less than 5 years feel slightly more loved than those who have been with the same person for 10 or more years. In any case, time seems to strengthen bonds.

But what if the solution lies in open relationships? Those who have been or are currently in one say they feel more loved and in love than those who have never shared their love with several people but who would like to. Repressed desires? Who knows? If anything, those who do not contemplate this option claim to be very much in love anyway.

Perhaps this would be a good option for the unfaithful. 30% of the participants admit to having cheated at some point... and the probability of doing so increases over the years. Of the people who have been in a relationship for more than 10 years, 70% have been unfaithful. Among young people, the odds drop, although only 30% have admitted to breaking the rules.

Finally, the country that takes the prize for infidelity (or sincerity) is Brazil. There, 2 out of 5 people admit to having been disloyal. Everyone, men and women, acts the same way. On the other hand, France is the least unfaithful country: only 1 in 5 people have cheated on their partner. Curious, isn't it?

What do you think about these data? Do you think that the results of your country are in line with reality? Which one has surprised you the most?

Let us know in the comments.

Influence your world,

Toluna Team
Reply

abdulahadkhan

  3 months ago
great work
0 comments

abdulahadkhan

  3 months ago
nice
0 comments

a5078799l

  3 months ago
great work by toluna team. happy valentine.
0 comments

M6944331r

  4 months ago
NICE
0 comments

shaktimalviya54

  4 months ago
I am not sallybret valentine day
0 comments

H1375534b

  4 months ago
Very nice
0 comments

MonalisaM23

  4 months ago
Omg.. it's quite odd to hear the result but ...:-( I think this is the fact
0 comments

sadhna14

  4 months ago
Interesting facts
0 comments

u5442714m

  4 months ago
0 comments

kumarashok578

  4 months ago
super se bhi uper hai ye to
0 comments
Copied to clipboard

1   Follower

You’re almost there

In order to create content on the community

Verify your Email / resend
No thanks, I’m just looking

OK
Cancel
We have disabled our Facebook login process. Please enter your Facebook email to receive a password creation link.
Please enter a valid Email
Cancel
We're working on it...
When you upload a picture, our site looks better.
Upload